When you can’t sleep without being woken up in the middle of the night by a crying baby, beautiful might be the last way you’re feeling! But every new mom deserves to look and feel gorgeous, even with a new baby in her arms. If you’re a mom with a new baby, you need these beauty tips for busy moms. Follow our beauty routine to get rid of those dark circles, fade away those stretch marks and get on your way to feeling better about your appearance instantly.
Remedies for undereye circles
As a new mom, you’re eagerly awaiting the day when your baby begins to sleep through the night. Until then, dark circles are probably something you’ll just have to live with -- or are they?
To minimize the appearance of dark circles as a new mom, follow these simple life hacks even the busiest mom can squeeze into her day:
● Use a retinoid. Dermatologists recommend using retinol as an OTC treatment for dark, puffy eye bags. Try an under-eye cream containing retinol for instant relief -- we like Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion Eye Cream.
● Try cooling gel pads. Under-eye gel pads soothe and depuff tired eyes -- so no one will suspect that the baby kept you up until 3:00 AM. For relief on the go, try Patchology Travel Size FlashPatch Rejuvenating Eye Gels.
● Swap your sips. Even when sleep deprivation is the underlying cause of dark circles, inflammation caused by alcohol and other substances can make the problem worse. (Much, much worse.) So, cut back on the “pumping and dumping” -- and definitely drink more water, since hydration helps depuff eye bags, too.
Fade stretch marks faster
Unfortunately, stretch marks are a fact of life for many new moms after pregnancy. Like any scar, they’re also permanent -- meaning there’s no magic cream or pill to “cure” your stretch marks.
As a new mom, adjusting to the changes in your body can feel difficult -- but taking steps to fade stretching and scarring faster can help. Try these at-home remedies to help fade stretch marks faster:
● Try healing coconut oil. As a rich moisturizer, coconut oil can help combat skin damage inflicted by pregnancy. Slather on virgin coconut oil every day to soothe the redness and appearance of stretch marks.
● Check out this drugstore staple. Many people with scars and stretch marks swear by Bio-Oil, a product available in your local drugstore that claims to fade stretch marks faster. For $12 a bottle, the product is surprisingly effective -- and certainly affordable!
● Use patience. While stretch marks can take a hit to our confidence, it’s important to keep in mind that they will go away on their own. It just takes time! So, if you find yourself becoming frustrated by the appearance of stretch marks as a new mom, practice self-compassion and patience. Your body did an amazing thing -- of course it’s going to change! Embrace it.
Your five-minute makeup routine
When you’re busy feeding the new baby and changing tiny diapers, you might think the last thing you have time for is a makeup routine. But if you have five minutes in the morning, then you have enough time for a little bit of beauty self-care.
Five minutes is more than plenty to hit the major steps of your makeup routine -- and keeping up with your appearance as a new mom can give you confidence and make you feel beautiful, even amid so many important life changes. Here’s all you need to get started with a five-minute makeup routine for new moms:
● Concealer. Cover up eye bags or blemishes with a concealer that matches your skin tone. Tarte’s award-winning Shape Tape Concealer comes in 30 unique shades, so there’s the perfect blend for everyone.
● Lip and cheek tint. A multi-tasking lip and cheek tint saves time and money in the morning during your makeup routine. Try the Josie Maran Argan Color Stick for natural color that’s flattering on both cheeks and lips.
● Mascara. Finally, a little lash lift goes a long way when it comes to waking up your tired eyes. Perk up in the morning with Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, a cult-favorite product that will curl and elongate lashes in just a few simple swipes.